WordPress is open source written in PHP language. WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS), which enables the users to develop dynamic web applications and blog. It is the CMS of CMS’s and one of the most popular blogging systems on the web and allows editing, customizing and managing the website modules from its CMS and widgets. I will guide you the basics of WordPress in this tutorial by what you can create websites with ease. I have divided this tutorial various sections for convenience. Each of these sections contains related topics with screenshots explaining the WordPress admin screens.
TARGET AUDIENCE & NEEDS
KickOffMe has prepared this tutorial, not for those who have little bit understating of Hypertext preprocessor Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) and who are really desperate to learn the website’s development with WordPress CMS. Once you complete this tutorial you will be able to customize the WordPress sites or blogs and your level reach up to moderate.
This WordPress guide will let you know the following things:
- How to purchase web hosting and a domain name for your WordPress blog.
- Necessary things to setup after installing WordPress.
- Task you need to perform immediately after the basic WordPress configuration (Tutorial with all the steps ).
- Setup and installation of plugins that need for a basic blog configuration.
- Pro tips & tricks to get a faster WordPress Blog.
- Necessary Search Engine Optimisation( SEO ) of your WordPress blog.
If you follow all the steps you get your up and running a blog in next 10 minutes.
Start Creating your WordPress Blog (First Step):
The first thing you need to have a Web Hosting to install WordPress and the domain name of the WordPress website.
- Domain Name is the name of your website.
- Web Hosting is the place you store all the files and database records.
You can buy Domain name and The Web Hosting from GoDaddy at Rs 99 per month – Includes Free Domain and Setup of unlimited space and bandwidth (Using the discount link below ).
Click here to view the guide to install your WordPress blog in just 10 minutes. To get a Web Hosting Package, click the below link.
After login, You will have to install WordPress from Application Menu this process will take around 5 more minutes. Kindly follow the below steps to install the WordPress.
Once you have successfully installed you WordPress Blog, you will have to make necessary changes in setting like permalink, ping list, comments section, and widgets etc.
To make these changes, you need not to have the technical knowledge and you will be able to do it easily with the help below guide:
Well Done! for the steps you have done so far. Your blog must be up and running.
But before you start making the change in themes, plugins, widget or etc, let’s have a quick view on a few videos, that will make you understand in a better way.
WordPress beginners video guide.
- If you need more procedural training, get it from here.
Some point you should clear before moving to the next step or level.
Here some more techniques that you must know about to move ahead for the next level. This will guide complete process quickly and without getting any barrier anywhere in between.
WordPress Guide For Beginners:
Use these guides to learn WordPress:
After Learning all above steps, you will be promoted to an expert from a beginner. So get ready to start the installation of different WordPress Plugins.
List of WordPress plugins for a new blog.
- Start from here: Useful list of WordPress plugins for a new blog
Now it’s time to swift in your blog development with some interesting tweaks. They are:
- Get your blog feed burned using Feedburner (This will let your audience to subscribe to your blog via email updates or RSS feed .)
- Add Google Analytics and keep track of you website visitors (This is really very easy to install and start tracking your visitors, that When & Where are they coming from or from which country they are accessing your website. Not only this you can also track the live traffic of your website)
- Congigure Google tag manager (This is a little bit of a professional guidance, but you should read it and implement it right now. This will let you manage each and every tag, including the Google analytics tag, etc.)
- Save new WordPress ping list (Click this link and copy/paste the list as explained. This will help you to get maximum traffic to your blog.)