The University of Texas at Austin established on 30 March 1881 with more than more than 51,000 students and 3,000 teaching faculty. The university offers more than 15 undergraduate programs and more than 40 graduate programs nationally. The university have given the rise to more than 482,000 alumni base which includes entertainers such as Matthew McConaughey (Oscar-winning actor), Michael Dell and Rex Tillerson (industry leaders), Marcia Gay Harden (Academy Award-winning actress), Robert Rodriguez (film director), Walter Cronkite and Bill Moyers (Journalists), Sam Rayburn (politician), Kay Bailey Hutchison and James Baker.
Location & Facilities
The university is located across the street from the Clay Pit Restaurant in the UTA building of main campus 1616 Guadalupe Street. The university provides a wide range of facilities which includes more than 500,000 square feet of indoor and 40 acres of outdoor activity space, 220 different campus organizations, RecSports activities, intramural sports, sports clubs, fitness & wellness center, swimming & safety centers, adventure & climbing trips and more than 5,000 individual reservations.
Departments / Subject Areas
- School of Architecture
- School of Business
- College of Communication
- College of Education
- School of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- School of Geoscience
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Natural Science
- School of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- School of Social Work
- School of Undergraduate Studies
Major Courses Available At University
- Area, Ethnic, culture & Gender Studies
- Biological & Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Communication & Journalism
- Computer & Information Sciences
- English Language & Literature
- Family, Consumer & Human Sciences
- Foreign Languages & Linguistics
- Health Professions & History
- Liberal Arts / Science & Humanities
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Multi / Interdisciplinary Studies
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure & Fitness Studies
- Philosophy & Religious Studies
- Physical Science & Psychology
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Visual & Performing Arts
The University of Texas includes variety of financial aid and scholarships that includes general university scholarships such as endowed scholarships, presidential scholar programs, university leadership network, undergraduate awards, Texas Exes scholarships, study abroad scholarships, administered scholarships and grants, college and departmental scholarships to students on the basis of their academic performance and financial needs.
- Ranked #56 in National Universities
- Ranked #24 in Best College of Veterans
- Ranked #123 in Best Value Schools
- Ranked #39 in High School Counselor Ranking
- Ranked #15 in Most Innovative Schools
- Ranked #18 in Top Public Schools
The University of Texas provides higher education to students in order to fulfill their career needs. The university is known for providing thousands of career opportunities in wide range of educational field, from service coordinator to scholar advisor. Through research, education and healthcare texas university are committed to improving the living standard of Texans and people all over the world.
Mission & Vision
The mission of the University of Texas is to attain excellence in the interrelated areas of research-based education. Through comprehensive and superior skills the university contributes to the advancement and commercialization of the society.
Leadership, freedom, discovery, learning are the core values of the university.