University of Washington, Seattle Came into being in 1861 is located in Washington, Seattle. This is the public research university, the most outstanding college of full-time and part-time higher education in the country with the annual enrollment of 46,018 total students out of which 31,418 undergraduate students. The university is dedicated towards social welfare and educational development of students. The campus of the university is spread over 643 acres of land offered 2,311 undergraduate courses. More than 50 classical and modern languages are available at the University of Washington.
Location & Facility
The university is situated in Downtown Seattle, Washington. The campus has preeminent fitness center, five gyms, sports stadium, locker rooms, North American and international squash courts, Crags Climbing Center, Climbery Instructional Studio, Indoor jogging/walking track (1/9 mile), Dawg Bites Café, Multi-activity studios, Swimming Pool (25 yards), Saunas (Men’s & Women’s), Racquetball/handball courts, WiFi/computer access, Group cycling studio, TRX studio, Personal Training studio, Universal locker room, Sand Volleyball Courts, Thirteen tennis courts (six night-lighted) and two synthetic turf sports fields.
Department / Subject Areas
- College of Arts & Science
- College of Built Environments
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of the Environment
- Information School
- Michael G. Foster School of Business
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Work
Major Subjects Available at University of Washington
- Architecture & Related Services
- Area, Ethnic, Gender Studies & Culture
- Biomedical and Biological Sciences
- Business Management & Marketing
- Communication & Journalism
- Computer & Information Sciences
- English Language & Literature
- Family, Consumer & Human Sciences
- Foreign Languages & Linguistics
- Health & Legal Professions
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- Philosophy & Religious Studies
- Public Administration & Social Services
- Visual & Performing Arts
The university covers a wide range of academic pursuits, athletic and musical talents, research activities and community services. Our scholarship includes scholarship funds for talented students, divided into two parts academic scholarships and undergraduate academic excellence awards.
Academic Scholarship: Those students who demonstrate outstanding financial need and academic achievement. The funds provided by the university comes by individual, group or companies as the private gifts.
Undergraduate Academic Excellence Awards: This type of scholarship is awarded to students who are the resident of Washington and based on financial need and academic merit of the university.
Overall ranking of University of Washington, Seattle
- Ranked as #56 in National Universities
- Ranked as #24 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- Ranked as #134 in Best Value Schools
- Ranked as #62 in High School Counselor Ranking
- Ranked as #18 in Top Public Schools
- Ranked as #20 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs
Every year more than 10,000 career opportunities provided to students at the University of Washington. More than 200 employees from small to large sector industries come out for interviewing on campus. For students, this is a convenient and easy way of getting a future career. Three types of interview offered at University:
- Room-Only Interviews
- Preselect interviews
- Virtual/remote Interviews
The vision of the University of Washington is to educate students for becoming a future leader and responsible global citizens. Exploring solutions to world’s most complicated problems and increasing the living standard of people throughout the community, the nation, and the world.
The mission of the University of Washington is dissemination, advancement, and preservation of the knowledge and skills.