The University of Minnesota is a public institution that was established in 1947. The size of the campus is 1,204 with an urban setting and gets total enrollment of 30,975 undergraduate students and 16,389 graduate and professionals every year. The university utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. The university has 3,797 faculty members and an award-winning staff of 13,764 members. The University of Minnesota is recognized by the Higher Learning Commission and supports faculty, historic facilities, students experiences and future of the region.
Location and Facilities
This urban research university of law, management, and higher education is located in Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA. The university facilitates various wellness and recreational activities such as intramural sports, sports clubs, youth programs summer camp, outdoor adventures, log rolling, bike rentals, aquatics, less Bolstad golf course, swimming and much more.
School/Colleges Available in University of Minnesota
- Carlson School of Management
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Science and Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Food, Agricultural, and Natural Resource Sciences
- College of Continuing Education
- College of Education and Human Development
Major Courses Available at University of Minnesota
- Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
- African American and African Studies
- Agricultural and Food Business Management
- Addictions Counselling
- Adult Education
The university offer number of merit-based scholarships to students on the basis of their academic achievements. The number of students eligible for the scholarship is constantly increasing as the financial grants are highly competitive. Types of scholarship and financial grants available at University are as follows:
- University-wide scholarship
- College-specific scholarship
- U of M scholarships of separate education
- Additional Scholarships (Wallin Education Partners Scholarship, The Annexstad Family Foundation Scholarship, Alpha Kappa Psi Scholarship, The Novus Biologicals Scholarship, Pierce Butler Scholarship, Frugaldad Scholarship, Automotive Hall of Fame Scholarships, Holocaust Remembrance Project Scholarship, College Prep Scholarship, Walmart Community and Dependent Scholarships, Fastweb Scholarship, Sallie Mae Scholarship, Thurgood Marshall Scholarship, Financial Aid Scholarship, Financial Aid Finder Scholarship, Siemens National Merit Scholarships, National Service Scholarship, Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarships, Ronald McDonald Scholarships, The Big Sun Scholarship, Adventures in Education Scholarship, Harry S. Truman Scholarship, Joe Martin Scholarship, College Scholarships).
- Ranked #69 in National Universities
- Ranked #35 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- Ranked #78 in Best Value Schools
- Ranked #75 in High School Counselor Rankings
- Ranked #25 in Top Public Schools
- Ranked #4 in Management Information Systems
University of Minnesota higher educational program offers world-class instruction in a friendly and vibrant setting. The university provides international standard career opportunities in order to develop community integrated and technology enhanced to its students.
In addition, you can get on-campus and off-campus career enhancement opportunity and detailed information on university catalogs and system-wide programs.
Mission & Vision
The University of Minnesota provides intellectual and strategic leadership and extraordinary experiences for the advancement of knowledge of students. The university is a center for culture, education, and research for the nation, region, and the world.
The mission of the university is to focus on the students in order to retain and recruit outstanding staff, faculty, and students.