The University of Maryland is a private institution established in 1856. With the campus size of 1,335 acres, the university gets total enrollment of 28,472 undergraduate students every year out of total 39,083 students. Here at, University of Maryland students can join more than 800 student clubs which includes 35 sororities and fraternities. The university has a gender distribution on the basis of 53 percent male students and 47 percent female students.
Location & Facilities
The University of Maryland is a research-oriented engineering school located in College Park, MD 20742, USA. The university offers a wide range of facilities to students such as health insurance, nonremedial tutoring, day care, 24-hour emergency telephones, 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, safety and security, learning system for disabled students, library and museum facility.
Schools / Colleges in the University
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Robert H. Smith School of Business
- College of Computer, Mathematical, and Natural Sciences
- College of Education
- A. James Clark School of Engineering
- The Graduate School
- Philip Merrill College of Journalism
- College of Information Studies
- School of Public Health
- School of Public Policy
- Office of Undergraduate Studies
Major courses available in the University of Maryland
- Agriculture Sciences
- Architecture Services
- Ethnic, Cultural and Gender Studies
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Business, Management, and Marketing
- Communication and Journalism Programs
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Education & Engineering
- Engineering Technologies
The University of Maryland gives a number of scholarships and financial aid to students, need-based financial aid, grant award and the average need-based scholarship which costs $9,925 received by 41 percent of full-time undergraduates students every year. 60 percent of students apply every year for need-based financial aid and around 45 percent of students need fully met. Apart from scholarship the university also offers nonremedial tutoring, health insurance, placement service and health services.
The overall ranking of the University of Maryland
- Ranked #29 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- Ranked #94 in Best Value Schools
- Ranked #56 in High School Counselor Rankings
- Ranked #15 in Most Innovative Schools
- Ranked #22 in Top Public Schools
- Ranked #25 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs
The University of Maryland offers a number of career opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. The expert and focused faculty at the university help you determine career opportunities, employers, and alumni. The university offers internships, public service fellowships, summer internship and service programs to junior and senior students. The university prepares students across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
Mission & Vision
The vision of the university is to achieve international eminence as a research institution graduate, undergraduate and postgraduate. The university provides both technological advances, economic changes and rapid scientific. The university is running on the values of Interdisciplinary Approaches, Inter-professional Relationships, Partnerships with Local and Regional communities and Collaboration with Industry for the growth of students.