The Pennsylvania State University is a flagship public institution established in 1855. With campus size of 7,958 acres, the university gets enrollment of 41,359 students annually. The Pennsylvania State University University is also known as Happy Valley. The university has 950 0rganizations and clubs for students to get involved in campus life. The university provides Greek System with nearly 90 sororities and fraternities. The students of the university play football match at Beaver Stadium, the largest arenas in North America with room for more than 107,000 fans.
Location and Facilities
The university is located in the small old main city of state college, PA 16801, USA. Pennsylvania State University offers a number of facilities to students which includes placement service, health service, nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, health insurance, late night transport facility. The university permits alcohol to the students of legal age. With that university also provides parking facility, library, and museum.
School / Colleges Areas
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Arts and Architecture
- Smeal College of Business
- College of Communications
- College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health and Human Development
- College of Information Sciences and Technology
- College of the Liberal Arts
- College of Nursing
- College of Engineering
- Eberly College of Science
Major Courses Available at the University
- Gender and Group Studies
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Ethnic and Cultural Program
- Business, Management, and Marketing
- Communication and Journalism
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Engineering Technologies and Engineering
Pennsylvania State University provides scholarships in the form of gift aid that does not need to re-paid. The scholarships or grants provided by the university to students are highly competitive due to limited funding. The scholarships provided by the university are divided as follows:
- Office of Student Aid Scholarships
- Administrative Unit Scholarships
- Academic College Scholarships
- Campus Scholarships
- Outside Scholarships
- Student Aid and Scholarships Policy
- Ranked as #52 in National University
- Ranked as #114 in Best Value Schools
- Ranked as #62 in High School Counselor Rankings
- Ranked as #14 in Top Public Schools
The university offers numerous career opportunities in order to connect with society. The university is dedicated to providing students the finest career resources in order to make them successful in today’s workforce. The university organizes campus recruitment every year to match experiential learning of students with career services of an employer by providing excellent opportunities.
Mission and Vision
The Pennsylvania State University is running on the mission of preparing world leaders in terms of advancement of knowledge, teaching, and learning, leadership in service and outreach.
The main mission of the university is to provide extend and deepen knowledge about the utilization and formation of human capabilities.